Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Starting Over from a Parking Place




The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places. ~Author Unknown


Sometimes as we travel toward a worthy goal, we succumb to the temptation to park ourselves in one of the parking lots we pass along the way. 


For instance, I just took about a four-week break from writing on this blog, my main non-client writing outlet, because I pulled into a parking place reserved for Busy. And I could never count how many times I have started on the road to better health, but then parked too often alongside a hot fudge sundae or sizzling-good pizza (and not the no-cheese kind) in a place marked Deserving. 


I don’t know. It’s hard, and I confess that the parking lots see me for more serious matters as well. Right beside Busy and Deserving are places for the Tired, and Discouraged, and Lazyand many times I've parked for one reason or another in every space. 

Sometimes I even take up more than one space, depending on how I feel. 

But eventually, I realize I need to get out of there.

So what’s the problem? Why don't I just shift into Drive and go?

Then I ask myself . . . 

Who owns the parking lots, but then who owns the road?

Who is trying to block the way, but then who is pointing toward the exit?

Who will only turn away for easier prey if I continue on my way, but then who is offering to help me make my escape?


Ah.  


My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Ps. 73:26)

**Image Credit: http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/view-image.php?image=3409&picture=parking-lot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...