Thursday, December 25, 2014

Remembering the Gift on Christmas Day




Yesterday was Christmas Eve and we had a condo full of family. Did I take photos? Movies? No. Sigh. I missed that amid all the hustle and bustle, so I will have to rely on memory.

Reading to grandchildren, seeing smiles on faces as they opened gifts we chose just for them, receiving cards and drawings decorated by little hands with a zillion Christmas stickers, hugs and kisses and “I love you!” declarations, a Skype visit with one who is far away and missed. All gifts I will remember and cherish.

But today, Christmas Day, this is what I don't want to miss—giving thanks for the Gift. Thanking the One who sent the Gift, the One who cares for us, the One who comforts those who are today lonely or lost or mourning. 

Thank you, God, for the Gift. Happy birthday, Jesus! And God bless us, every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...